Hemorrhoids in common language is called piles. They are swollen veins in your anus and rectum. The common symptoms of it are pain, itching, and rectal bleeding. In this article we have mentioned few techniques for how to treat piles in home.
- Aloe Vera – It is historically used for treating skin problems and piles irritation. It is said to have anti inflammatory properties to treat irritation of piles. It is suggested to use only pure aloe vera gel rather than tubes which have other ingredients mixed with the gel. Some people are allergic to aloe vera, so you can first try it under you arms and see, if no reaction happens than you can use it.
- Warm Bath – Warm bath with Epsom salt will also be helpful for treating the irritation. You can use Sitz bath or small plastic tub that can fit over the toilet seat.
- Ointments – Ointments like preparation H can be found in every drug store. Don’t use these creams more than a week.
- Soothing Wipes – You can find wipes with soothing, anti hemorrhoid ingredients, like witch hazel or aloe vera. The wipes should not have perfume, alcohol or any other irritating elements.
- Cotton Clothing – Clothes with cotton material and loose material help you from irritation to a lot much level. Avoid using perfumed detergents for washing clothes. Many people get this tip as solution for how to treat piles in home.
- Stool Softeners – Fibre suppliments like psyllium can help in reducing constipation, make the stool softer, and help in getting easy and fast bowel movement.You can take this in liquid form, solid form through your mouth easily.
- Cold Compresses – You can apply ice packs to anus to relieve the swelling, for almost 15 minutes. Always wrap the ice in some cloth and than only apply, do not apply any freezed thing directly.
- Witch hazel – It helps in relieving pain as well as itching. It can be purchased in any liquid form and can be directly applied. It is found in some wipes and soaps also.
Piles are in general easy to treat, but if it does not gets relieved in one week, than you surely need to consult the doctor. Anything if ignored for long time, may cause extreme serious conditions for you. We hope that this article has helped you to know how to treat piles in home easily. Eat healthy and stay healthy.